Tuesday, August 28, 2007

this thing called life

alright. here i am again. nope, i've got nothin to complain about now and it's not as if i always have some quirks to make a fuzz about. i just couldn't sleep yet right after work. it's that simple. or maybe it's that microwave beef stroganoff that has gotten my brain cells stimulated for some writing exercise. i guess so. either way, i have something to put up with this blogging report sort of thing. see, i forgot to make mention before about how this new life has brought me so much time to actually figure things out more about myself. during the course of this rather introspective period so to speak, i got to find out how more about myself. lemme just put it this way, most of my adult life i have asked the question: how did i turn out this way? i guess this goes without saying that a little of my dad's motivation to be a slave to his guilt and my mom's zen like solitary meditative approach to approaching problems of whatever sort gives my personality away. it was just like stumbling on a hidden treasure staring right at me in the face.
i mean, truly it is the work of the genes, but to actually live life according to what my genetic make up predisposed me to do is like watching an experiment doomed to fail from the beginning. but i guess that's the beauty of life that is, knowing oneself is half the battle. making the choices that make up whatever it is that's called life completes the whole picture. and where am i right now in this cycle of life? i think i can honestly say that i'm halfway to knowing myself completely. and the other half is still just loosely under heavy construction.

No comments: