Wednesday, March 28, 2007

saying it as it is

what's on my mind right now?Bar exam results
will i pass? i know i passed the 2006 bar exams.
when will it be officially released? april 3, 2007( 6:00 a.m. Eastern)
why i believed i made it to the list of successful examinees?
*i made it a point to have my handwriting legible enough to be understood
*never left a question unanswered
*any difficult question/out of coverage questions were all answered with cool logic
and perfect reasoning ( although it may not have been entirely based on all fours with regard to a leading case it purported to be based from)
*i never panicked during the four sundays of september, always remained cool and kept a relaxed demeanor, taking every question thrown at me with perfect stride
*started the bar review on my own pace, on my own schedule, read intelligently and limited my days going out
*spent three weeks in july in total isolation before going back to the regular review
* i had a manageable distraction but never something that could take me off from my main objective of taking the bar head on
*i made regular spiritual visits to a local church
* friends kept me sane and made the review fun and interestingly akin to a jeopardy show of wits and intelligence
*for the month of august and september, after the regular lectures, headed straight to dunkin donuts to spend more time reviewing and being surrounded by friends who reviewed till we all bled dry
*a typical day of review was set unconsciously at 12 hours minimum during the months of august and september, 8 hours minimum for the months of may and june...
*i just thought about myself, my needs first before anything else, and yes, i wasn't a saint during the review
*unfortunately, ( or fortunately) the review materials only provided answers to roughly 5 percent of the bar exams--lectures included--the rest depended entirely on your own wit, skill, logic and cool headedness and grace under tremendous pressure
*i know am not a super smart, geeky bookworm all my life but i've been even better than those types just because....i am.

what subjects i felt i did good at?
Political law, labor and social legislation
what subjects i felt i had the most apprehension? taxation and criminal law
what subjects kept me thinking intelligently despite the lack of exact answers on my mind?
civil law, commercial law
what subjects had me using most of my stock knowledge? remedial law and legal ethics
what subjects had me using more of my persuasive arguments based on logic and common sense? taxation most especially since most questions were out of the coverage, and civil law comes in a close second

No comments: